Our Carpet Cleaning Process
Walk-thru: We will walk-thru the areas you’re wanting to have cleaned, and properly evaluate your cleaning needs. At this time we’ll address any concerns you may have, and answer any questions as well. We can usually provide an accurate quote over the phone, but we will let you know what the final price will be before we start, so there will be no surprises.
Pre-Vacuum: We will vacuum the carpet prior to cleaning to ensure we remove as much fine dry soil, and pet hair before we being cleaning. Many of our clients like to vacuum before we arrive, and that’s okay. We can always double check to ensure we get the best end result possible.
Furniture Moving: We ask that you remove small items out of the areas we’ll be cleaning before we arrive, and secure breakables as well. We can slide furniture out from its original position, clean underneath, and then place plastic tabs or styrofoam blocks under the legs. This ensures no damage will occur to the furniture from the slightly damp carpet, and that the carpet doesn’t become damage from a wooden or metal leg
Pre-Conditioning & Spotting: We will apply a safe carpet cleaning solution to the entire carpet to help break up the oily soils that have accumulated between regular cleaning appointments. At this time we’ll also address any special spots/stains with our spotting products. We’re educated and trained on how to identify and remove stains, there are times a stain may be permanent, however we have a high success rate at removing most spots/stains.
Cleaning & Rinsing: We use our truck mounted carpet cleaning machine to rinse and extract the soil, leaving your carpet soft, fresh, and clean.
Fast-Drying: We pride ourselves on our ability to get the carpet dry quickly so you can get back to normal life with little interruption as possible. We do multiple dry passes that remove excess moisture from the carpet, as well as use carpet drying fans to aid in the process.
Scotchgard™ & Groom: We offer Scotchgard™ application after your carpet is cleaned as an additional optional service. Scotchgard™ creates an “invisible shield” that helps your vacuum remove the soils that build up over time. It also penetrates the fiber improving your carpet’s stain resistance.
Frequently Asked Carpet Cleaning Questions
Q:What furniture do you move ?
A: We will move small furniture(i.e. coffee tables, end tables, dining room chairs, recliners, light sofas, ect.). We typically will not move heavy items (i.e. china cabinets, entertainment centers, armoirs, ect) or anything with electronics and other breakables on it. This is a safety protocol for our technicians, and your home or business.
Q:Can I walk on the carpet after it is cleaned?
A: Yes! You certainly can walk on the carpet after its cleaned. We recommend wearing clean socks, or house slippers that haven’t been worn outside to ensure you’re not transferring soils onto your fresh, clean carpet. CAUTION: Walking from damp carpet to hard surfaces may make your feet slippery!
A thorough cleaning of your upholstery will ensure your furniture last longer so you can continue to enjoy them. Upholstery is made of various fiber types, your technician will be able to identify what fiber type and cleaning method that is safe for that piece, and provide an accurate price for cleaning during the walk-thru process. We clean synthetic, fine fabric(cotton, rayon, ect) and leather upholstery. We recommend having your upholstery cleaning every 2-3 years, however depending on use you may wish to have your upholstery cleaned more often.
Area Rug Cleaning
Oriental & Area Rugs that are found in today’s homes come in many shapes and sizes, and also vary from the materials they’re made of. Excel Fabric Care cleans rugs made of cotton, silk, wool, rayon, nylon, polyester, and a mix of all of the above fiber types. We use the latest safe cleaning solutions and techniques to restore your rug’s vibrant colors, and soft feel. Your rug(s) will not only look bright and clean, but will also feel clean as well.
Our Oriental & Area Rug Cleaning Process
- Inspection – First we will look over the rug for any damage, and determine what cleaning process is needed. For fine fabrics such as wool, silk, rayon, and cotton a more gentle but effect approach needs to be taken. However for rugs made of nylon and polyester we can be more aggressive as these materials are commonly found in wall to wall carpet.
- Removing Dry Soil – We have a number of processes to remove dry soil from your oriental or area rug. We remove as much of this soil as possible before applying any cleaning solutions, doing so ensures a better overall cleaning.
- Pre-Condition – We apply the proper safe cleaning solution to begin the process of breaking up the soil(s) that are embedded in the rug fibers, allowing a proper amount of dwell time to ensure maximum soil suspension.
- Rinsing & Drying – We will thoroughly rinse away all of the suspended soil(s) and cleaning solutions from your oriental or area rug. Our technicians then quickly dry your rug to ensure no damage is done from being wet too long.
- Post-Inspection – We’ll look over your rug to check to see if any additional treatments or spotting is needed. After we give the rug our ‘thumbs-up’ we’ll roll it up, and store it until your delivery date.
Benefits to Having Us Clean Your Rug(s)
- DELIVERY – In most areas we offer FREE pick up & delivery. If you have a question whether or not your area is a FREE pick up & delivery area don’t hesitate to call us.
- EXPERIENCE – We have decades of experience working with oriental & area rugs.
- SATISFACTION – We will do whatever it takes to get your rug as clean as we can. We truly want you to be satisfied with the amazing results.
- PET & ODOR REMOVAL –Yes, absolutely! We clean rugs that have been damaged by urine from our furry loved ones. There are some instances where the urine may have permanently damaged the rug. Your technician can answer any questions you may have on this.